August 8, 2017

Hair Color Removers and The Puzzle Surrounding Them


I am kind of known for my various techniques of hair color removal, I have the expensive technique's and I receive many questions about that knowledge.

I get this same question many many times from you, and I think it will be better to just answer it here as opposed to many, many email responses. The question?

Why is it that more Stylists don't use Vanish (hair color remover) when switching hair colors ?
https://killerstrands.com/search?type=product&q=vanish


The Quick Answer:: Most Stylists did not go to a Sassoon Academy, there are only 2 in the world. Santa Monica, California & London, in the United Kingdom. Sassoon has these very very high standards that are not matched anywhere. They are very small schools, they limit the people enrolling, they cost a small fortune, their nickname?: the "Harvard" of hair schools, many people have not heard of it, but mostly I have noticed that many stylists just think its going to be fun and games and dress-up when they work in a Salon or Salon world and SASSOON is run like a boot camp and they are British and not very nice, to be perfectly frank. 
So if young people do interview there and they tell you the attendance rule...if you miss more than 6 times --Your OUT-- NO REFUND either ! ! ! Well, that pretty much scares screw-ups off. I almost didn't make it. I hated the regimen and I had never had anyone order me around like that - shit I was born in Santa Monica California the same city I was going to be in to go to this very mean school. It used to be a dump, now Arnold Schwarzenegger owned the entire street we were on .

   Sassoon is the only place that really trains you the proper way. The number one thing they teach you is to take care of the HEALTH OF THE HAIR - - FIRST. Then figure out what you will offer or talk them into. Sound familiar? That's where it was drilled into me and that is why I drill it into you. Its the key to having that hair you've always wanted. If there is one thing I stand for on this BLOG it is the truth. I will not sell you a product just to make a buck if it isn't right for you. I won't give you guidance unless its simple, but never hair color formula's unless I know the history of your hair. THESE SUBJECTS & FACTS ARE SO IMPORTANT.
                                     

The reason hair stylists don't use Vanish is
(in my mind one of these reasons):
  • It takes a super long time to do it correctly.  I worked in Malibu & Hollywood - people didn't come to me with $$ problems ( I was lucky).... but I'm based in reality... no one wants to pay a fortune for hair color removal. So most won't pay for what it costs ( and that is because a full service can take 8 hours of 1 day, think about how many people most stylists see in 1 day) if they are doing your hair all day.... well guess who has to pay for all that time? It makes sense and for those of you who have done this at home, I know you all will back me up on this. VANISH is the #1 safest + healthiest and least harmful method for removing old hair color ...too dark hair color....or screwed up hair color  - PERIOD!.................yep even better than the Shampoo Train I came up with to satisfy all those who cannot afford it. The Shampoo Train is not as healthy on your hair - BY FAR than VANISH. 
  • You hardly ever need 1 box, you always need more. 1 Box is 2 applications. 2 Applications : done correctly can take minimum 3-4 hours. Most people need 3-4-5 boxes. If you have level 1-5, you will never do it correctly with less than 3 boxes which = 6 applications !I will never forget selling this one lady about 6-7 years ago when I was the only one doing this ..........11 Boxes of Vanish, I shit you not. She had bra-strap length thick fuzzy trashed hair that she had been putting black BOXED color on for 20 years. Her complaint : "I can't tell the difference between my broom and my hair when I touch them."....Boxed hair color is the absolute worst hair color in the world to get out of hair. It also ruins the hair more than any other color on planet earth I would love to see the formula they use to make that crap , because CRAP IT IS!
  • They've never heard of it - - Stylists don't take it well When YOU know something THEY DON'T! .........Its almost like Doctors nowadays, we all look everything up on GOOGLE before we go in there and are loaded with correct & incorrect info. we batter them with questions with and they try to run out the door before we have a chance to debate the info. When you tell people you found it on the web - used to be a joke. NOT ANYMORE! Just like doctors, when you tell Stylists you found it on the web - they think AMAZON --& think Bullshit because half their color is counterfeit. But half or maybe a little more of our customers are Certified Stylists, so chances are nowadays - more of your Stylists are not going to be so perplexed by the word Color REMOVER "VANISH" !
  • #1 Reason its EXPENSIVE and Time consuming........PERIOD.  But if you do it yourself, you can save a shitload of money and then if that is all you want to do at home, THEN have your hair colored Professional, to start on another healthy hair path!
  DO NOT USE BLEACH TO REMOVE COLOR, BLEACH IS A HAIR LIGHTENER NOT A COLOR REMOVER AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, IF YOUR HAIR HEALTH IS MARGINAL, IT WILL END UP TRASHED.

 BITE THE BULLET - BUY IT FROM US, WE GIVE YOU MY PERSONAL INSTRUCTIONS, DO IT YOURSELF AND BEGIN WITH A DAY OR TWO OF THE SHAMPOO TRAIN. Save that dough and go forth.

( remember on this Blog there is a SEARCH BAR @ the top of the page, just put in there the topic you want to research and the Posts will pop up - its run by GOOGLE and works like a charm!)

    Any good - I mean REALLY GOOD Salon is nothing like fun and games. You are solving major problems and your goal is always : Perfection.

    Or at least mine is ! 











    BURST - Colored Conditioner  + BOOST Color Tinted Shampoo

    Be First to Post Comment !
    Post a Comment

    All comments are moderated. Please do not include: references to personal information, or any profane, inflammatory or copyrighted comments. We would appreciate it if we all stick to the subject of HAIR . Have a wonderful day.

    a

    a